Serves 3-4 Prep 10m Cook 5m Ready in 15m
Here’s something savory but healthy! Take your snack to the next level with this Cajun Tuna Sandwich (It actually feels like a cheat meal with this one!). It’s perfect for picnics and family gathering. You can even store this Cajun tuna mixture and use it some other day – #EasyOnTheGoSnacks. Who said tuna sandwich should have mayonnaise? Enjoy!
- 2 cans of Century Tuna lite, drained
- Lemon & Rosemary seasoning
- Cajun seasoning (or make your own: add cayenne pepper, onion powder, garlic powder, black pepper, paprika, thyme, oregano or basil, and a pinch of salt)
- Cheese (I used Emborg: Pasta Cheese, a mix of European Gouda and Maasdam. But feel free to use any cheese! Like mozzarella, etc.) (optional)
- More cheese: Parmesan and cream cheese (optional)
- Sriracha (must!)
- While heating your bread for at least 2mins, get a bowl and toss the tuna, Lemon and Rosemary seasoning, Parmesan cheese, Pepper, Cajun seasoning, and cheese. Mix well.
- Get your heated bread and spread the cream cheese on one bread (optional) and Cajun Tuna mixture on the other. Toast again for 3-5mins.
- Best served with Sriracha sauce.
Try to play around with this mixture a bit. You can add lemon peels or vegetables, such as: lettuce, arugula, and alfalfa.
Eat well, bonbon!